The Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Communication Design) is in the study field of Graphic and Design Studies. Graphic and Design Studies is the study of the techniques and skills necessary to design and produce finished work, and solve design and visual communication problems. It includes the study of clothing design and creation.
Studying this field of education aims to develop an understanding of the artistic and technical aspects of creating and producing an original piece of work.
The learning outcomes of the Graphic and Design Studies study field usually focus on:
- determining the objectives of design in consultation with management, sales and manufacturing staff and clients
- formulating design concepts for garments
- preparing illustrations and sketches to present design concepts
- supervising the production of sample garments
- using pictures and symbols to make a clear graphic statement.